Re: jsonpath - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alexander Korotkov
Subject Re: jsonpath
Date
Re: jsonpath
List pgsql-hackers
Hi!

On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 3:36 AM Nikita Glukhov <n.gluhov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:

> Attached 34th version of the patches.
>
> 1. Partial jsonpath support:
>    - Fixed copying of jsonb with vars jsonb_path_query() into SRF context
>    - Fixed error message for jsonpath vars
>    - Fixed file-level comment in jsonpath.c
>
> 2. Suppression of numeric errors:
>    Now error handling is done without PG_TRY/PG_CATCH using a bunch of internal
>    numeric functions with 'bool *error' flag.

Revised patches 1 and 2 are attached.  Changes are following

 * Small refactoring, comments adjustment and function renaming.  In
particular, I've removed "recursive" prefix from function names,
because it actually not that informative assuming header comment
explains that the whole jsonpath executor is recursive.  Also, I made
"Unwrap" suffix more clear.  Not it's distinguished what is unwrapped
target (UnwrapTarget) or result (UnwrapResult).  Also, now it's clear
that function doesn't always unwraps but has an option to do so
(OptUnwrap).
 * Some more cases are covered by regression tests.

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company

Attachment