Re: Connections hang indefinitely while taking a gin index's LWLockbuffer_content lock - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alexander Korotkov
Subject Re: Connections hang indefinitely while taking a gin index's LWLockbuffer_content lock
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 12:06 AM Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 2019-Mar-21, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
>
> > However, I think this still can be backpatched correctly.  We can
> > determine whether xlog record data contains deleteXid by its size.
> > See the attached patch.  I haven't test this yet.  I'm going to test
> > it.  If OK, then push.
>
> Wow, this is so magical that I think it merits a long comment explaining
> what is going on.

Yeah, have to fo magic to fix such weird things :)
Please, find next revision of patch attached.  It uses static
assertion to check that data structure size has changed.  Also,
assertion checks that record data length match on of structures
length.

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company