Re: [HACKERS] Possible problem in Custom Scan API - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alexander Korotkov
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Possible problem in Custom Scan API
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 12:59 AM, Dmitry Ivanov <d.ivanov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
Tom Lane wrote:
Uh, no, construction of a custom plan node is entirely driven by the
PlanCustomPath method as far as I can see.  You're free to ignore what
create_scan_plan did and insert your own tlist.

Are you sure? Even if it's true, this targetlist should still contain each and every Var that's been requested. If I'm correct, the only way to ensure that is to call build_path_tlist(), which is static (oops!). Perhaps I could make my own, but it uses replace_nestloop_params() (again, static), and the problem goes further and further.

As I understand, making build_path_tlist a non-static function would solve the problem.
Tom, do you think it's possible?

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company