Re: Error on failed COMMIT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tony Locke
Subject Re: Error on failed COMMIT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 at 21:16, Shay Rojansky <roji@roji.org> wrote:
> Npgsql would be fine. In fact, Npgsql doesn't have any specific expectations nor any specific logic around commit; it
assumeserrors may be returned for any command (COMMIT or otherwise), and surfaces those errors as .NET exceptions.

Hi all, I work on the pg8000 Python driver for Postgres and having
read through the thread I'd like to echo Shay Rojansky's comment and
say that pg8000 would be able to handle the behaviour resulting from
the proposed patch and I support the change of a call to commit()
*always* producing an error if it has failed. I can understand
people's reluctance in general to change server behaviour, but in this
case I think the good outweighs the bad. I think most people expected
the server to be behaving like this anyway.

Regards,

Tony.