Windows default directory for client certificates - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lupi Loop
Subject Windows default directory for client certificates
Date
List pgsql-general

says that when a client certificate is requested by a server, a windows client psql will use by default the credentials  located at %APPDATA%\postgresql\postgresql.crt and %APPDATA%\postgresql\postgresql.key

However, my psql client application (v 9.5.0) in a Windows Server 2012 R2 cannot find the certificates in this location and only works when this location is specifically set using the sslcert and sslkey attributes when connecting. Is this a bug or am I using a wrong path?

This an example of execution:

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.5\data> ..\bin\psql "postgresql://postgres@localhost/postgres"
psql: FATAL:  connection requires a valid client certificate
FATAL:  no pg_hba.conf entry for host "::1", user "postgres", database"postgres", SSL off

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.5\data> ..\bin\psql "postgresql://postgres@localhost/postgres?sslkey=postgresql\postgresql.key&sslcert=postgresql\postgresql.crt"
psql (9.5.0)
SSL connection (protocol: TLSv1.2, cipher: ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384,bits: 256, compression: off)
Type "help" for help.
postgres=#
cheers