Re: [HACKERS] advanced partition matching algorithm forpartition-wise join - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Etsuro Fujita
Subject Re: [HACKERS] advanced partition matching algorithm forpartition-wise join
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Kuntal,

On Wed, Apr 8, 2020 at 4:30 PM Kuntal Ghosh <kuntalghosh.2007@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm getting the following warning during compilation.
>
> partbounds.c: In function ‘partition_bounds_merge’:
> partbounds.c:1024:21: warning: unused variable ‘inner_binfo’ [-Wunused-variable]
>   PartitionBoundInfo inner_binfo = inner_rel->boundinfo;
>                      ^
> For fixing the same, we can declare inner_binfo as
> PG_USED_FOR_ASSERTS_ONLY as it is not used for any other purpose.

I'd propose to remove an assertion causing this (and  the
outer_binfo/inner_binfo variables) from partition_bounds_merge(),
rather than doing so, because the assertion is redundant, as we have
the same assertion in merge_list_bounds() and merge_range_bounds().
Please find attached a patch.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita

Attachment