Re: pgsql: Fix some issues with step generation in partition pruning. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Etsuro Fujita
Subject Re: pgsql: Fix some issues with step generation in partition pruning.
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Sat, Aug 1, 2020 at 11:13 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> writes:
> > Hi Fujita-san
> > I wonder if this build farm failure is related?

Thanks for letting me know!

> Sure looks that way, doesn't it?  I'm just now working to reproduce
> on gaur's host and poke into it with a debugger.  More news in an
> hour or two (it's slow :-().

Thanks for that!

I'm not sure this is related to that failure, but self-reviewing the
patch, one thing I noticed I missed is that get_steps_using_prefix()
assumes that clauses in the passed-in prefix list are sorted in an
ascending order of partkeyidx, but the caller (ie,
gen_prune_steps_from_opexps()) doesn't take that into account.  I
might have broken something.  I'm a bit tired today, so I'll look at
this more closely tomorrow.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita