Re: PostgreSQL on K8 with Operator - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Valeria Kaplan
Subject Re: PostgreSQL on K8 with Operator
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
aha!
that's good to know.
Thank you, Justin

On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 1:18 PM Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org> wrote:
Thanks to Valeria for sending me an invite to the Slack, I've been able
join and chat with the PG Slack owner (@denish, CC'd).

It turns out there's a specific page we should be sending new people for
joining the PG Slack:

   https://postgres-slack.herokuapp.com

That's an app which generates invites to the PG Slack, and doesn't have
restriction on email address. :)

(On a semi-related note, the Go language Slack has an app for the same
thing.  Seems a fairly standard approach for larger sized Slacks these
days.)

+ Justin

On 2020-12-09 23:26, Valeria Kaplan wrote:
> Apologies, I thought it was a separate button for a generic email not
> from
> the domain list.
> It might be a good idea to check with Slack admins (not sure who that
> is)
> to check what they had in mind when restricting number of domains for
> that
> channel. Will try to find out.
>
> On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 12:24 PM Valeria Kaplan <vk@dataegret.com>
> wrote:
>
>> hmm. I've probably used the Google button when first signed in.
>> and what happens if you "continue with email"?
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 12:14 PM Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org>
>> wrote:

>>> Hmmm, maybe I'm doing something wrong.  Two screenshots attached, to
>>> show
>>> what I'm seeing.
>>>
>>>    * 01 - the login page (for existing accounts)
>>>    * 02 - the "create account" page, to create a new account
>>>
>>> The "create account" page only allows specific domains, though it has
>>> note to "Contact the workspace administrator at Postgres for an
>>> invitation."
>>> for all others.  With no actual link to contact info for the
>>> workspace