Re: Problem with aborting entire transactions on error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris Angelico
Subject Re: Problem with aborting entire transactions on error
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 10:36 PM, Zbigniew <zbigniew2011@gmail.com> wrote:
> There are always TWO sides (at least two): creators/designers - and
> the users. Considering how much complexity some kind of modification
> adds to your - programmer's - code, and how it'll make your life more
> difficult, at the same time try to consider, how much relief could it
> mean to many of the users of your software.

I have considered. It will be beneficial to a small group of users,
including yourself; I predict it will have significant costs
(performance, documentation complexity, etc) for all users. (Of
course, my prediction is decidedly non-authoritative. But I had to
deal with the docs complexity of issues like the autocommit that Tom
Lane mentioned; it's definitely a cost.)

ChrisA