Re: DEFERRABLE NOT NULL constraint - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris Angelico
Subject Re: DEFERRABLE NOT NULL constraint
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 10:36 PM, B=E8rto =EBd S=E8ra <berto.d.sera@gmail.co=
m> wrote:
> Hi
>
>> I still don't see how that's any better than a stored procedure that
>> directly does the INSERT. You can conceal the code every bit as
>> easily.
>
> Guys I DO NOT write the customers' security guidelines. I get asked to
> produce a design in which "party X will make plain INSERTs and ignore
> the very existence of business rules". Can I do it in PG, No. Can I
> rewrite the guidelines? No. Hence, PG is not used. Full stop.

Sometimes you just have to tell the customer that his/her requirements
are impossible to plausibly implement. If you get into a taxi and ask
to be driven to New Zealand within the hour, no amount of begging will
get you what you want.

ChrisA