Re: why no create variable - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris Angelico
Subject Re: why no create variable
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 11:26 PM, <mgould@isstrucksoftware.net> wrote:

> Getting the information from a table works.  I now have a sessionsettings table, but I'm making way to many calls to
itbecause there is no global pool of variable.  Not IMO an efficient use of a table.

Chances are that table, if you are indeed using it a lot, will be
cached. It'll end up fairly cheap. But just out of vague curiosity, I
wonder how viable it would be to create functions for all your global
variables - each one is thus a function returning its value.

ChrisA