Re: "Too far out of the mainstream" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris Angelico
Subject Re: "Too far out of the mainstream"
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 7:40 PM, Achilleas Mantzios
<achill@smadev.internal.net> wrote:
> (single master, 80+ slaves in 80+ vessels in the 7 seas (80+ = 80 and growning))

Cool!! How do your nodes communicate with each other? Is it an
off-line resynchronization, or do you maintain long-range (satellite?)
comms?

The system I'm setting up at work kinda pales in comparison to that.
It's designed to scale "to infinity and beyond" (and that quote is
kinda appropriate, since we run this all on Debian Linux), but at the
moment, all the testing I've done has been on a half-dozen
off-the-shelf Dell laptops. But the same applies; we want absolute
guaranteed reliability, so we NEED a good database. Postgres all the
way! (Plus we need bindings for C++, Pike, and PHP, and I'm a lot
happier with Postgres than several other options in that area.)

ChrisA