Question about detecting database changes - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dave Peticolas
Subject Question about detecting database changes
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi, I have a question about getting some information about database changes.

Let's suppose I have a particular transaction ID that I happen to know has been rolled back.

Is it possible to ask the database if there have been any committed transactions subsequent
to that rolled-back transaction? Basically I'm would like to know if I will see the same state
of data that I could see at the beginning of that transaction in the transaction I am in right
now. I am using Postgres 9.2, but if it's only possible in a later version I would be interested
in knowing that too.

Thanks very much!

--
--Dave Peticolas