Re: BUG #14203: pgindent requires pg_bsd_indent 1.2, but only 1.3 available for download - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Stephen Thomas
Subject Re: BUG #14203: pgindent requires pg_bsd_indent 1.2, but only 1.3 available for download
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Thanks, Tom. You're right, my mistake was assuming that 9.3.3 was
pgindent-clean. Now I understand that that's not necessarily the case!

And thanks for the pg_bsd_indent patch. There's not much of a difference
between the two so I won't worry.

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 3:50 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> sthomas@datawareventures.com writes:
> > I hacked pgindent to accept 1.3. This time it ran, but changed lots and
> lots
> > of files. (I assume because pg_bsd_indent 1.3 makes different choices
> than
> > pg_bsd_indent 1.2.)
> > Does anyone know where I can find pg_bsd_indent 1.2?
>
> I'm not sure why we're not keeping the older tarballs online, but there's
> not that much difference between 1.2 and 1.3 --- see attached diff.
>
> I think your problem may be in expecting that 9.3.x is pgindent-clean.
> We don't normally re-pgindent stable branches, so unless committers are
> careful to manually indent whatever they back-patch, branches will drift
> away from a clean state.  If you're trying to validate that you have a
> non-broken build of pgindent, I'd suggest checking out the immediately
> post-pgindent state from our git repo.  The 9.3 run was at commit
> 9af4159fc.

Stephen Thomas
COO, Dataware Ventures
http://www.datawareventures.com