Re: pg_receivewal/xlog to ship wal to cloud - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ganesh Korde
Subject Re: pg_receivewal/xlog to ship wal to cloud
Date
List pgsql-general

On Tue, 19 Jul 2022, 2:09 am Alan Hodgson, <ahodgson@lists.simkin.ca> wrote:
On Mon, 2022-07-18 at 15:55 -0400, neslişah demirci wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Wondering if anyone has any experience of using pg_receivewal/xlog
> to ship wal files to GCP/S3?

I use archive_command to send WAL to S3. It works fine. I do gzip
them before uploading, as they are usually pretty compressible.

I use a lifecycle rule on the bucket to automatically delete ones
older than I might need.

It's not the fastest process in the world, and replay on our
reporting server does occasionally fall behind, but I think that's
true of WAL replay in general as a serialized process.

Have a look at this also.