Re: Difference in execution plans pg12 vs pg14 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Дмитрий Иванов
Subject Re: Difference in execution plans pg12 vs pg14
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks to Imre Samu's help, I found out that this is an unwarranted interference of the JIT compilation. When it is disabled, the short queries work stably. Before the problem started, I purposely increased the amount of surrogate data to evaluate performance. Perhaps the logic for enabling JIT compilation is different in different versions of Postgres. It didn't show up as clearly on long queries because they were rewritten without JOIN VIEW and provide filtering before aggregation and linking. I want to make rougher JIT compiler settings (I think disabling it is fundamentally wrong) and rewrite all queries similar to long queries.  Thanks.
--
Regards, Dmitry!