Re: [GENERAL] Index corruption & broken clog - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Benoit Lobréau
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Index corruption & broken clog
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks for the help.

Shut down the corrupted database and make a physical backup of it.

I did it before trying anything.

Check the disks and memory on the machine where the problem occurred.

We are using virtual machines (VMWare). I will ask then to investigate anyway.

You can try to salvage data from the corrupted tables, either
using "zero_damaged_pages" (but that will only work if the page
header is corrupted), or by excluding problematic tuples by their
"ctid".

Thanks will try.