Re: Query is over 2x slower with jit=on - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lukas Fittl
Subject Re: Query is over 2x slower with jit=on
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 1:17 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
I've pushed the change without that bit - it's just a few additional
lines if we want to change that.

It seems that since this commit, JIT statistics are now only being printed for parallel query plans. This is due to ExplainPrintJIT being called before ExecutorEnd, so in a non-parallel query, queryDesc->estate->es_jit_combined_instr will never get set.

Attached a patch that instead introduces a new ExplainPrintJITSummary method that summarizes the statistics before they get printed.

I've also removed an (I believe) unnecessary "if (estate->es_instrument)" check that prevented EXPLAIN without ANALYZE from showing whether JIT would be used or not.

In addition this also updates a missed section in the documentation with the new stats output format.

Best,
Lukas

--
Lukas Fittl