Re: SuperUser check in pg_stat_statements - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lukas Fittl
Subject Re: SuperUser check in pg_stat_statements
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 3:12 PM, Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@bluetreble.com> wrote:
On 10/19/15 3:48 PM, rajan wrote:
Thanks Stephen and Shulgin for your response.

Will go through the patch and will try to solve my problem using that.

My scenario is that i need to have an user who cannot be a super user but a
monitor user, who will be able to see all the queries executed by all users.

You can set that up today by defining a view on top of pg_stat_statements (or maybe it needs a SECDEF SRF... been a while since I've done it).

You can solve this using a security definer method created by a superuser, see

for a full example.

--
Lukas Fittl

Skype: lfittl