Re: Puzzling situation with threads and psycopg2 on RDS - Mailing list psycopg

From Stefan Knecht
Subject Re: Puzzling situation with threads and psycopg2 on RDS
Date
List psycopg
Exact same behavior with psycopg2-binary 2.9.4.

On Mon, Oct 17, 2022 at 7:08 PM Stefan Knecht <knecht.stefan@gmail.com> wrote:
Ciao Daniele

Thanks for looking at this.

I understand this happens on RDS. Does it happen on normal Postgres
too, from a normal process (not some serverless thing?)

I'll test this now.

Are there processes/forks involved?

No, just Python's basic threading.

Which version of psycopg are you
using? Some old one have problems with closing connections in
multiprocess environments. That was fixed in psycopg 2.8 (#829).

This is psycopg 3.1.3

And I just realized that all the other threading code I've got is on psycopg2-binary 2.8. Has there something changed with threads in v3 ?

Stefan