Index-only scans for GIST - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Anastasia Lubennikova
Re: Index-only scans for GIST
List pgsql-hackers
Hi, hackers!
I work on a GSoC project "Index-only scans for GIST"
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Support_for_Index-only_scans_for_GIST_GSoC_2014

It includes index-only scans for multicolumn GIST and new regression test.
Fetch() method is realized for box and point opclasses.

Documentation is not updated yet, but I'm going to do it till the end of GSoC.

I've got one question about query with OR condition. It is the last query in regression test "gist_indexonly". It doesn't fail but it doensn't use index-only scans. Could someone explain to me how it works?
It seems to depend on build_paths_for_OR function. But I couldn't understand how.

--
Best regards,
Lubennikova Anastasia