Re: Error: "could not fork new process for connection: Cannot allocate memory" - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Kasahara Tatsuhito
Subject Re: Error: "could not fork new process for connection: Cannot allocate memory"
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi,

On Wed, Dec 23, 2020 at 12:59 AM frank picabia <fpicabia@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the responses.
>
> We'll take this up with VMware support and then if it isn't a configuration issue, move it along to Redhat Linux
support.

> It was also useful to learn cgroups default support within the kernel can use up so much memory on a system with
largerRAM.  On the next reboot this will free up about 1.6 GB RAM.  It might help with a little wiggle room until we
knowmore about the other issue which seems to limit us to 1/2 our RAM.

I'm not sure, but the kernel parameter vm.zone_reclaim_mode and/or
NUMA memory interleaving may have an effect.

regards,

--
Tatsuhito Kasahara
kasahara.tatsuhito _at_ gmail.com