Re: Materialized views don't show up in information_schema - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nicolas Barbier
Subject Re: Materialized views don't show up in information_schema
Date
Re: Materialized views don't show up in information_schema
List pgsql-hackers
2014-10-16 Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>:

> Alright, coming back to this, I have to ask- how are matviews different
> from views from the SQL standard's perspective?

Matviews that are always up to date when you access them are
semantically exactly the same as normal views. Matviews that can get
out of date, however, are not.

Nicolas

--
A. Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion.
Q. Why is top posting bad?