Encryption with customer provided key in a multi tenant Postgres JSONB DB - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Saurav Sarkar
Subject Encryption with customer provided key in a multi tenant Postgres JSONB DB
Date
Re: Encryption with customer provided key in a multi tenant Postgres JSONB DB  (Michael Lewis <mlewis@entrata.com>)
List pgsql-general

Hi All,

We use Postgres's JSONB structure for NoSQL usage.

We have a multi tenant application where for each tenant we create separate tables . So for e.g. if i have 100 tenants then i have 100 tables.

Now we want to have encryption for the data in the tables with the tenant provided key. Is it possible to encrypt tables in the same database with different keys. ?

I learnt that PostgreSQL itself does not support encryption at database level or other finer granular levels . May i please know if in future can this be supported ? or is it not possible technically at all ?

I have posted a similar question on SF

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/64719415/encryption-with-customer-provided-key-in-a-multi-tenant-postgres-jsonb-db

Best Regards,

Saurav