Re: securing the sql server ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Nolan
Subject Re: securing the sql server ?
Date
List pgsql-general

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 3:40 AM, Condor <condor@stz-bg.com> wrote:
Hello ppl,
any one can tell me how I can secure linux server with database postgres for example ?
Im thinking to make a cryptfs file system and to deploy database over the cryptfs. The problem
here may will be when front end need any data for in/out cpus of the server will aways
 decrypt/encrypt data and performance will be very low.

I remember a few months ago some one ask similar question about how he can crypt data that is
stored on database and problem was the key. Key is stored on the same server if some one
get access can decrypt data.

Any one have some ideas how to make something like crypt bubble and to store database there ?
Or something else ?