Fwd: Discussion - Search Objects - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Jasmin Dizdarevic
Subject Fwd: Discussion - Search Objects
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Could somebody review the patch and maybe commit it?

Ty

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jasmin Dizdarevic <jasmin.dizdarevic@gmail.com>
Date: 2011/6/16
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Discussion - Search Objects
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>, pgadmin-hackers@postgresql.org

I suppose you're talking about "git rebase". Do a "git rebase -i" to get
the interactive mode. Let the first commit the way it is. Use squash for
the other commits.

Yep. This is what I was looking for!
During rebase I made a mistake, so the two patches I sent today are now included in the big one. Is this undo-able?

> Generally, I wanna thank you for your patience and help - I know this
> can be frustrating to answer questions, that are clear to you since a
> long time :)

No problem :)

I think it's ready for testing now. I've already checked it against 8.3.15, 8.4.8, 9.0.4 and 9.1 beta2. On our production database with 300k objects the search takes about 4-5 seconds. I think it's an acceptable value. It could be useful to add a hot key to the query from. I was playing around with extensions today and this would be ergonomically. What do you think?

There should be a documentation in the patch, but as you can read a native speaker should maybe take care of it.

--

Attachment