Re: Change License - Mailing list psycopg

From Abraham Elmahrek
Subject Re: Change License
Date
Re: Change License  (Tobias Oberstein <tobias.oberstein@gmail.com>)
List psycopg
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the speedy responses. I work on the Hue project at Cloudera. Hue is an ASLv2 licensed project and according too http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.htm LGPL is excluded from the list of shippable licenses. The end goal is to be able to ship psycopg2 since it's a complete client for postgresql that django fully supports.

-Abe

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 2:14 AM, Federico Di Gregorio <fog@dndg.it> wrote:
On 10/12/2013 10:16, Tobias Oberstein wrote:
> Independent from above, I am wondering why these "issues" would pop up
> anyway:

They will never pop up away. Even when psycopg2 was GPL + exception that
specified that a program using it is NOT a derivative work people keep
asking about that.

federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio                         federico.digregorio@dndg.it