Re: Change License - Mailing list psycopg

From Daniele Varrazzo
Subject Re: Change License
Date
Re: Change License  (Federico Di Gregorio <fog@dndg.it>)
List psycopg
On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 10:10 PM, Abraham Elmahrek <abe@cloudera.com> wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> Thanks for the speedy responses. I work on the Hue project at Cloudera. Hue
> is an ASLv2 licensed project and according too
> http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.htm LGPL is excluded from the list of
> shippable licenses. The end goal is to be able to ship psycopg2 since it's a
> complete client for postgresql that django fully supports.

Note: the correct url above is <http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html>.

I didn't know the Apache Software Foundation was in open war with the
GPL. Well, too bad: it seems you chose the wrong license for your
software.

We could be able to provide a personal, non-transferable license for
projects whose lawyers insist to require it; however your license
seems to forbid this option too.

I'm afraid the chance to see psycopg released with a non-LGPL license
are quite low.

-- Daniele