Re: Change License - Mailing list psycopg

From Tobias Oberstein
Subject Re: Change License
Date
List psycopg
Am 10.12.2013 23:10, schrieb Abraham Elmahrek:
> Hey Guys,
>
> Thanks for the speedy responses. I work on the Hue project at Cloudera.
> Hue is an ASLv2 licensed project and according too
> http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.htm LGPL is excluded from the list of
> shippable licenses. The end goal is to be able to ship psycopg2 since
> it's a complete client for postgresql that django fully supports.

The text above is a proposed policy of the Apache foundation.

It is irrelevant with regard to rights and obligations of code licensed
under the Apache license.

You can use, bundle and ship Apache licensed code together with LGPL
licensed code.

No ASF "proposal" or "policy" text can restrict you to do so. The only
relevant texts are the 2 licenses.

/Tobias