Re: Change License - Mailing list psycopg

From Tobias Oberstein
Subject Re: Change License
Date
List psycopg
Am 11.12.2013 10:10, schrieb Abraham Elmahrek:
> I think the correct page to reference would have been
> http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html. Sorry about that...
>
> My understanding is that the third-party licensing policy page is simply
> guidelines for how to interpret ASLv2. The resolved page insists that
> LGPL shouldn't be included in apache projects. I do think that extends
> to any project with ASLv2 license since it seems like an interpretation
> of the license itself.

If that were true, other (large/significant) projects would have a
problem: E.g. JBoss is licensed under LGPL 2.1 and uses various Apache
2.0 code inside (various things from Apache Commons and other for
logging etc).

https://community.jboss.org/thread/147636

http://www.tldrlegal.com/compare?a=Apache+License+2.0+%28Apache-2.0%29&b=GNU+Lesser+General+Public+License+v2.1+%28LGPL-2.1%29

/Tobias