Re: preprocess_targetlist and inheiritance - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: preprocess_targetlist and inheiritance
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro,

On Tuesday, April 21, 2015, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
Stephen Frost wrote:
> Tom, all,
>
>   Looks like preprocess_targetlist() should have been adjusted with the
>   changes to ExecBuildAuxRowMark() to support foreign tables being part
>   of inheritance trees (cb1ca4d800621dcae67ca6c799006de99fa4f0a5) to
>   also include the tableoid regardless of the rowMark type, if the
>   relation is the parent of an inheritance tree.

Uh, this patch was already submitted separately:
  https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/552CF0B6.8010006@lab.ntt.co.jp

Oh, excellent. Looks like the discussion agrees that it makes sense to do and the RLS case didn't involve any foreign tables yet still ran into the issue.

Is that correct or am I missing something?

Apologies, on my mobile currently.

Thanks!

Stephen