Re: pg_dump dump catalog ACLs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: pg_dump dump catalog ACLs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro,

On Wednesday, April 27, 2016, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
Stephen Frost wrote:

> The current challenge I've been trying to find a solution to is testing the
> extension handling. Only core extensions (plpgsql, plperl, etc) are
> available when the TAP tests are running for pg_dump, it seems. I certainly
> don't want to add a testing extension in such a way that it would get
> installed for users, but it doesn't seem obvious how to create an extension
> from another directory or to even find the directory where I could write
> the control and SQL files into to use.
>
> Any thoughts on that would certainly be welcome.

Did you notice the src/test/modules/test_extensions thingy?  Supposedly
we do try pg_dump with custom extensions there.

Hmm. I think the issue I was having is that I wanted to test the extension handling in pg_dump's 'make check' run, but that's before any of those extension pieces are installed or tested.

However, perhaps I can test the pg_dump parts as part of the extension 'make check' runs instead. Will check it out.

Thanks!

Stephen