Re: BUG #10432: failed to re-find parent key in index - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Maciek Sakrejda
Subject Re: BUG #10432: failed to re-find parent key in index
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 10:19 AM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com>
wrote:

> The WAL should be the same everywhere... But what I was wondering about
> was less about the xlogdump but more about the lack of a message that
> tells us the record that triggered the error.

No idea. I'm new to pg_xlogdump, but I did get output if I went further
back, so I'm pretty sure I was using it correctly.

> So, this is quite possibly just a 'delayed' consequence from the earlier
> bugs.

Yeah, makes sense. I don't suppose there's a simple way to periodically
"audit" index integrity?

> Wasn't really related to this bug. More of a general observation that it
> frequently is a bit verbose...

No argument there. I think it does have a --terse flag, but we find the
default verbose output useful occasionally.