How to restore some DBs to a new server? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bob Futrelle
Subject How to restore some DBs to a new server?
Date
List pgsql-general
Running on my MacBook Pro, pgAdmin3 tells me I have four servers in "Server Groups",
all local, no network involved.

I have dumped two of my DBs from a current server using pg_dump.
Then in pgAdmin3 I created another server, let's call it "New".

I would like to look at these earlier DBs while not disturbing my current DBs.
So I would like to reload both the dumps into "New",
but I can't find the magic invocation that does this,
in pgAdmin3 or using pg_restore or directly in psql.

I realize that this isn't rocket science,  so I'll blush a bit when the simplicity of it is revealed.

   - Bob