Re: [HACKERS] Disallowing multiple queries per PQexec() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vaishnavi Prabakaran
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Disallowing multiple queries per PQexec()
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 2:56 AM, Surafel Temesgen <surafel3000@gmail.com> wrote:

Sorry for being very late. I also think guc version of the patch can be acceptable and useful.

I modified the patch as such and added to commitfest 2017-07.

You need documentation changes in "libpq - C Library" chapter's PQexec section, where it is mentioned that command string can contain multiple SQL commands and explain how it behaves.

I think GUC's name can be something like "multiple_query_execution" and setting it ON/OFF will be better. I think others will also come up with some suggestions here as the current name doesn't go well with other existing GUCs.

Also, consider adding this new GUC in postgresql.conf.sample file.

Regards,
Vaishnavi,
Fujitsu Australia.