[ODBC] Need help to choose which ODBC driver to use - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Pui Yin Pang
Subject [ODBC] Need help to choose which ODBC driver to use
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hi,

I am quite new to PostgreSQL and I need some help to choose the ODBC driver to install on a new 64bit SQL server 2014 standard. It is on a Windows Server 2012 R2 OS that is recently set up.

I need to set up a ODBC Data Sources and link server on the SQL server to query data on a 64bit PostgreSQL 9.4.5 server. The PostgreSQL is on a 64bit Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise OS.

I go to this link

and download psqlodbc_09_06_0310-x64.zip

and install it on the SQL server. Then I go to Server Manager >Tools>ODBC Data Sources (64-bit) > System DSN

to create a new System Data Sources. When I click 'Test', it gives me an error message:

Fatal:password authentication failed for user "dnddev"

I create this new user and I tested the connection on another application so I know the password is correct.

Do I need to install an older version of ODBC driver on the SQL server? If so, which one I should use? I try to find something like psqlodbc_09_04_..... but I do not see one.

Thank you for the help.

Pang