Re: enabling nestedloop and disabling hashjon - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ravi Kiran
Subject Re: enabling nestedloop and disabling hashjon
Date
List pgsql-hackers
yes sir, I did try the pg_ctl reload command, but its still using the hash join algorithm and not the nested loop algorithm. I even restarted the server, even then its still using the hash join algorithm

Thanks

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 5:28 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Ravi Kiran <ravi.kolanpaka@gmail.com> writes:
> I tried modifying the postgresql.conf file where I set the value
> enable_hashjoin=off and also enable_mergejoin=off, so that I could force
> postgres to use nested loop.
> but postgres is still using the hash join algorithm even after modifying
> the postgresql code.

Did you remember "pg_ctl reload"?  enable_hashjoin=off will most certainly
work if it's active.