attaching a process in eclipse - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ravi Kiran
Subject attaching a process in eclipse
Date
Re: attaching a process in eclipse  (Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
hi,

I am working with postgresql 9.4.0 source using eclipse(indigo version) in ubuntu 14.04. I am facing a problem of attaching a client process to postgresql server.

In the debug configuration , I have given the following information in the fields.

C/C++ Application :- src/backend/postgres
Project :- postgresql-9.4.0

I have found out the process id of the client process using "select pg_backend_pid()"  and used it to attach the server.

But I am getting the following error whenever I do this

"Could not attach to process.  If your uid matches the uid of the target
process, check the setting of /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope, or try
again as the root user.  For more details, see /etc/sysctl.d/10-ptrace.conf"

how do we rectify this error?

Thank you

Regards
K.Ravikiran