Re: pgadmin III query - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Kroon
Subject Re: pgadmin III query
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Dinesh,

SELECT pg_reload_conf();
Did not do the job, I had to restart the server.
I managed to collect the queries and there are a lot of them to show the SQL that is needed to create the given table.
Does postrgesql have any plan on making their own function for this?

Best,
Peter

2013/12/9 Dinesh Kumar <dinesh.kumar@enterprisedb.com>
Hi Peter,

On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 7:03 PM, Peter Kroon <plakroon@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Dinesh,

>Get all the queries what it has performed.

How and where?
When I run "select * from pg_stat_activity" I get the same result with and without "log_minduration_statement=0"

By setting this parameter log_min_duration_statement to 0, postgres will log all the queries, in the pg_log file.

Hope the following steps helps you on this, and make sure you have enabled the logging_collector.

1. Modify the above parameter on the required postgres cluster.

2. Do SELECT pg_reload_conf(); on the same machine.

3. And go to pg_log file location, and do tail -f current pg_log file.

4. Go to pgadmin, and refresh on any table.

5. Check the tail -f <pg_log>file output. There you will find all the sql queries, which have been executed from pgAdmin.

6. Collect those queries, and make your own custom function with pl/pgsql language.

Regards,
Dinesh

Could you provide a more detailed step by step guide?

Best,
Peter