Re: [HACKERS] fix side-effect in get_qual_for_list() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeevan Ladhe
Subject Re: [HACKERS] fix side-effect in get_qual_for_list()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Ashutosh,

Thanks for catching this. For now this isn't a problem since
generate_partition_qual() is crafting PartitionBoundInfo which it
doesn't use anywhere else. But if the function gets used where the
PartitionBoundSpec is being used somewhere else as well.

Yes, this behavior currently does not affect adversely, but I think this
function is quite useful for future enhancements and should be fixed.

While you are
at it, can we use castNode() in place of
PartitionBoundSpec *spec = (PartitionBoundSpec *) bound; Or do you
think it should be done separately?

I have made this change at couple of places applicable.

PFA.

Regards,
Jeevan Ladhe
Attachment