Re: heap_form_tuple crashing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Atri Sharma
Subject Re: heap_form_tuple crashing
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 5:02 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
> On 31.05.2012 13:42, Atri Sharma wrote:
>>
>> I am trying to call heap_form_tuple to create a tuple from a datum.
>>
>> My call to heap_form_tuple looks like:
>>

>> val1=0;
>> tupledesc1=BlessTupleDesc(node->ss.ss_currentRelation->rd_att);
>> tuple=heap_form_tuple(tupledesc1,p1,&val1);
>>

>> p1 is a pointer to a Datum instance which is created from a char array.
>>
>> When I am running the code,the system is crashing.
>>
>> Please let me know what can the problem be and also what I should do
>> to rectify it.
>

> Hard to say without seeing the full code...
>
> --
>  Heikki Linnakangas
>  EnterpriseDB   http://www.enterprisedb.com

Hi Heikki,

Thanks for the reply.

Another thing I wanted to ask was that would you recommend building
tuples from strings directly or converting them to Datum first and
then build the tuples from Datum instances?

Atri
--
Regards,

Atri