Re: BUG #18310: Some SQL commands fail to process duplicate objects with error: tuple already updated by self - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Yongtao Huang
Subject Re: BUG #18310: Some SQL commands fail to process duplicate objects with error: tuple already updated by self
Date
In response to Re: BUG #18310: Some SQL commands fail to process duplicate objects with error: tuple already updated by self  (Tender Wang <tndrwang@gmail.com>)
Responses Re: BUG #18310: Some SQL commands fail to process duplicate objects with error: tuple already updated by self  (Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>)
List pgsql-bugs
Hi Tender Wang,

I think your code changes LGTM. Thanks for your contribution.

But I meet these errors when I git apply your patch, so I do some tiny formate modification.
Please refer to the patch which is still authored by you.

``` bash
$ git apply 0001-Fix-reporting-error-when-process-duplicate-token-typ.patch
0001-Fix-reporting-error-when-process-duplicate-token-typ.patch:38: indent with spaces.
    List       *tokennames = stmt->tokentype;
0001-Fix-reporting-error-when-process-duplicate-token-typ.patch:73: indent with spaces.
        {
0001-Fix-reporting-error-when-process-duplicate-token-typ.patch:74: indent with spaces.
            if (!stmt->missing_ok)
0001-Fix-reporting-error-when-process-duplicate-token-typ.patch:75: indent with spaces.
                ereport(ERROR,
0001-Fix-reporting-error-when-process-duplicate-token-typ.patch:76: indent with spaces.
                        (errcode(ERRCODE_INVALID_PARAMETER_VALUE),
warning: squelched 9 whitespace errors
warning: 14 lines add whitespace errors.
```

Regrads

Yongtao Huang
Broadcom Greenplum

Tender Wang <tndrwang@gmail.com> 于2024年1月26日周五 14:21写道:

Tender Wang <tndrwang@gmail.com> 于2024年1月26日周五 12:54写道:

Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> 于2024年1月26日周五 11:41写道:
On Fri, Jan 26, 2024 at 11:33:24AM +0800, Tender Wang wrote:
> How about using list *res replace int *res in getTokenTypes(), so we can
> use list_append_unique().
> In outer function, use list *tokens to replace int *tokens, and ntokens =
> list_length(tokens) not list_length(stmt->tokentype).

Yeah, I was wondering about this code path.  If you feel strongly
about that, would you like to write a patch?

Ok,  I try to fix it.

As I said before, return List looks like not complicated to solve this issue.
I found another problem, it didn't report NOTICE if SQL has IF EXISTS, for example:

postgres=# alter text search configuration ispell_tst drop mapping if exists for test;
ERROR:  token type "test" does not exist

So I change the func getTokenTypes() interface and remove DropConfigurationMapping() error report into getTokenTypes().

--
Michael

--
Tender Wang