Re: json-patch support? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Arthur Silva
Subject Re: json-patch support?
Date
List pgsql-general

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 1:56 PM, Deven Phillips <deven.phillips@gmail.com> wrote:
Are there any plans or ideas about implement JSON Patch (http://jsonpatch.com/) support for PostgreSQL? We deal with some relatively large JSON documents for our in-house application and it is often better to just send a json-patch update rather than the full document. It would be very nice if we could just select for the changes via a trigger and use NOTIFY to tell our application about a patch. If nobody has discussed it previously, perhaps I will look into implementing it myself.

Thanks in advance,

Deven

This could be implemented as an extension.
There're already a few extensions that provide this functionality with plain functions, so it's just a matter of parsing the json and executing those functions.