Re: Bug - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: Bug
Date
List pgsql-docs
But if one is a numeric and one is a text, which do you convert?
There's lots of conversations on this in the lists from about 4 or 5
years ago.  Since converting one way or the other can cause two
different outputs, you can't be sure which is the right way.  If you
need a field cast, you now have to cast it yourself for safety.