Re: [GENERAL] Autovacuum stuck for hours, blocking queries - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Autovacuum stuck for hours, blocking queries
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 3:26 PM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 10:30 AM, Tim Bellis <Tim.Bellis@metaswitch.com> wrote:
>> I have a postgres 9.3.4 database table which (intermittently but reliably) gets into a state where queries get
blockedindefinitely (at least for many hours) behind an automatic vacuum. I was under the impression that vacuum should
nevertake any blocking locks for any significant period of time, and so would like help resolving the issue.

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Lock_Monitoringto determine which queries were blocked)

Followup: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/sql-createtable.html#SQL-CREATETABLE-STORAGE-PARAMETERS