Re: [DOCS] Re: postgresql.org inconsistent (Re: PG replication across DataCenters) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christofer C. Bell
Subject Re: [DOCS] Re: postgresql.org inconsistent (Re: PG replication across DataCenters)
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 9:40 AM, Wolfgang Keller <feliphil@gmx.net> wrote:

> > > Instead it lists Postgres-R, which has been in koma for how long
> > > now... Can't even remember any more.
> >
> > Nope, it is actively developed and sponsored by Translattice.
>
> "Actively developed"?
>
> http://www.postgres-r.org/ lists the last entry in the column "News" on
> the right with a date of 2010-07-14.
>
> http://git.postgres-r.org/ lists the "Last Change" to Postgres-R as "2
> years ago".
>
> http://www.postgres-r.org/downloads/ lists the last "Snapshot patch"
> with a date from 2010-08-29.
>
> The "Postgres-R Live-CD" has a date from 2006-07-04!
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Wolfgang

It looks like it's been morphed into TED, the TransLattice Elastic
Database.  From their FAQ[1]:

TransLattice Elastic Database (TED)

What’s the basis of TED? Did you write it from scratch?

We started TED from PostgreSQL, a very robust, open-source,
ACID-compliant, fully transactional RDBMS and Postgres-R, a PostgreSQL
extension that provides efficient, fast and consistent database
replication . Extensive engineering enhancements allows TED to
maintain ACID semantic transactions while operating in a
geographically distributed cluster.

[1] http://www.translattice.com/faq.shtml

--
Chris

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent
the Universe." -- Carl Sagan