Re: [DOCS] Re: postgresql.org inconsistent (Re: PG replication across DataCenters) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Wolfgang Keller
Subject Re: [DOCS] Re: postgresql.org inconsistent (Re: PG replication across DataCenters)
Date
List pgsql-general
> It looks like it's been morphed into TED, the TransLattice Elastic
> Database.  From their FAQ[1]:
>
> TransLattice Elastic Database (TED)
>
> What’s the basis of TED? Did you write it from scratch?
>
> We started TED from PostgreSQL, a very robust, open-source,
> ACID-compliant, fully transactional RDBMS and Postgres-R, a PostgreSQL
> extension that provides efficient, fast and consistent database
> replication . Extensive engineering enhancements allows TED to
> maintain ACID semantic transactions while operating in a
> geographically distributed cluster.
>
> [1] http://www.translattice.com/faq.shtml

I could not find any valid technical information on that site that would
give details about what version of PostgreSQL they are based on etc.
And if they have anything more recent than postgres-r.org, their
product doesn't appear to be open source, since I couldn't find
anything to download there.

In fact their entire site reads to me just like the usual
salespromotionspeak nonsense written for pointy-haired morons.

Excuse me, but I can't take those people really serious.

If Bettina Kemme is working with them, she should at least make sure to
get them a reasonably useful WWW site.

Sincerely,

Wolfgang