Re: Allocated size of DB? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Keith Fiske
Subject Re: Allocated size of DB?
Date
List pgsql-novice

On Mon, Oct 17, 2022 at 12:48 PM Ron Watkins <rwatki@gmail.com> wrote:
I have a request to supply business owner with both the available size of DB as well as the used size of the DB. I have been able to locate the used size, but I don't see any way to query the available size (used + unused space). How can I find that in PSQL?

--
Ron Watkins, K7DOG
602.743.5272

There is no unused space in PostgreSQL like this. It will use all the available space on disk that you give it. It is not like Oracle where you can reserve segment sizes.

So for this, you'd just monitor your available space on disk for the filesystem that PostgreSQL is using.

--
Keith Fiske
Senior Database Engineer