Re: Odd pg dump error: cache lookup failure - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Wells Oliver
Subject Re: Odd pg dump error: cache lookup failure
Date
List pgsql-admin
12.4. Both of those queries return no rows, with and without those options set.

We do do some nightly processing of data during the same window, in which views are re-materialized: would that cause this issue? No non-temporary tables are dropped or re-created, though.

On Mon, Aug 24, 2020 at 12:08 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 2020-Aug-24, Wells Oliver wrote:

> My pg_dump scripts have been bombing lately, and this is the error I see a
> bit into the backup process:
>
> pg_dump: error: query failed: ERROR:  cache lookup failed for attribute 1
> of relation 1152770777

What pg version is this, and can you run the query directly using psql
and have it throw the same error?  What do
select * from pg_class where oid = '1152770777'
and
select * from pg_attribute where attrelid = '1152770777'
show?  If the latter fails to show an entry for attnum=1, does it
magically appear if you do
SET enable_indexscan=off;
SET enable_bitmapscan=off;
prior to running the query?