Re: pg_restore: warning: invalid creation date in header - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Wells Oliver
Subject Re: pg_restore: warning: invalid creation date in header
Date
List pgsql-admin
Tom, it's a directory format dump, what file would make the most sense to run oc on? Or does this not work w/a directory?

On Sun, Jun 13, 2021 at 8:57 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
I wrote:
> Hmm.  Looking at the code for that, it knows nothing of timezones.
> It's complaining that mktime() failed, which perhaps is because of
> bad data in the archive header ... but I'm betting it has something
> to do with failing to initialize all the fields of the struct tm
> it passes.

After reading the mktime man page, I take that back --- it's not
supposed to consider the passed-in values of the tm_wday and tm_yday
fields.  The only documented reason for mktime to fail is if the
supplied values map to something outside the range of time_t,
which seems a tad unlikely.  It'd be interesting perhaps to see
the raw header of your dump file, along the lines of
"od -c dumpfile | head".